Wednesday, October 13, 2004

10/13/04

It has been so great to have Cass home, and a little overwhelming. I'm thankful we have nursing care. I can't imagine what it would be like not to have the help. Last night we couldn't find a nurse to cover so I had to stay up and care for him until about 5 this morning. I don't want to do that again. I have a migraine and I can't sleep during the day because of the other two.
Cass is doing good. I think he is happy to be home. His SATS drop still and he still needs oxygen and a few fevers. For the most part he seems more relaxed at home. His brother and sister are sure happy he's home. They check on him every morning when they wake up and throughout the day. It's a lot easier to have him home instead of having to go down to the hospital daily. I love being able to come and check on him in the middle of the night.
We're adjusting and trying to figure out a schedule that will work for all of us. The older two have been wonderful for a 2 and 5 year old. They have been great kids and very helpful.
Monday Cass had a doctors appointment and weighed in at 9lbs. 2.5oz. Not a whole lot but at least he is not losing. He also had 5 shots to catch him up on his immunization. Poor little guy! It was so sad not to hear his cry but see his face in pain. We'll go back on Friday to be weighed again and if he hasn't gained then we'll increase his intake.
I'll write on Friday to let you all know how his appointment went. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We feel greatly blessed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for Cass and your family. I'll pray that everything goes smoothly with your nursing schedule too.
Allie

October 13, 2004 at 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be so nice having your whole family together again. I'll continue praying that everything goes smoothly and that nursing care is available. God bless!
Allie

October 14, 2004 at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com