Thursday, September 23, 2004

9/23/04 "GOOD DAYS AHEAD"

Sorry we haven't updated since last week. Cass is doing well. Like I said before, he is a fighter. He's slowly being taken off the medication that temporarily paralyzes him, but he is still on some pain meds. He is awake and tries to take the ventilator off. Monday morning was the first time he was awake in a week and when he heard my voice, he started kicking and smiling. It lifted my spirit to see that he knew who I was. I still haven't held him, but I'm just happy that he is awake. Yesterday he had surgery to have a feeding port put into his stomach. The opening sits on the outside of his stomach, goes through his stomach to his small intestine so the food bypasses his stomach directly. This will help, hopefully, on discouraging the reflux and the aspiration. He looks to be slowly gaining weight, so this week has been a good week. I feel comfort from our Father in Heaven knowing he is with us and has not forgotten us. He loves us and is blessing us with this sweet baby, and the trials we go through will only make us stronger. Thank you for helping us get stronger, and our baby.
Love,
Cass' mom:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris and Ryan,
I am so glad to hear that Little Cass is doing better. I am sure it will be soon when you will be able to hold him again. I am thinking of you guys all the time.
Love, JoLyn

September 23, 2004 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cass and Family,
I was so happy to see your update and to hear that Cass is doing so well! Praise the Lord! I am praying that he will continue to get stronger every day and that God will wrap him in His loving arms and that you will all continue to feel His presence. God bless, and thanks for updating!
Allie

September 23, 2004 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so very happy to hear that little Cass is doing better. We are still praying for him. We love your family!!
Love, The Bullock Family

September 23, 2004 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com